Hamilton reveals drunken escapade – "I was hammered!"

Lewis Hamilton has opened up about a drunken incident in a pub during his teenage years, where his dad had to collect him after he got "hammered" following a shift behind the bar.

Growing up in humble circumstances, his father worked several jobs in order to help fund Hamilton's burgeoning racing career.

The future seven-time World Champion himself also entered the world of work, taking a job behind a bar in order to help make ends meet, and revealed that some after-hours sampling of the delights on offer once got a little out of hand.

"I've never been into pubs," Hamilton said.

"I worked at one when I was 17. I was a bartender.

"I think I was getting like £3.50 an hour or something ridiculous like that. It was minimum wage. It was a good experience – but the best part was when I quit.

"On the last day, I cleaned up the bar and I was like, 'what are these drinks that I've been giving everyone?'

"I tried everything, and my dad had to come and pick me up! I was absolutely hammered. I tried a little bit of everything."

These days, Hamilton's dietary regimen is known to be considerably stricter than that of his teenage years, with the Briton well known for his commitment to a vegan diet and a Healthy Lifestyle – as well as laying off the booze.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ecclestone in court for fraud pre-trial hearing

Bottas takes two-wheeled adventure in Imola replacement race

F1 2023 Azerbaijan Grand Prix Qualifying results