Jordan: Hamilton could eradicate Ferrari's problems

Eddie Jordan believes that Lewis Hamilton would "eradicate" many of Ferrari's problems if he moved to the team.

Despite a difficult start to the 2023 season for Mercedes, Hamilton has previously downplayed the idea that he might be tempted to move elsewhere.

However, that has not prevented speculation over whether the Briton may consider changing teams should the Silver Arrows' struggles continue, with ex-F1 driver Martin Brundle having questioned whether a switch to Ferrari might be feasible.

Former team boss Jordan has now weighed in and suggested that Hamilton joining the Scuderia might be an ideal partnership for both sides.

Jordan: Ferrari and Hamilton both need shaking up

"There's only one place he could go to in my opinion and that is Ferrari," Jordan told Express Sport.

" A guy with the talent that he is, and I think it might be a [match made] in heaven. I think Ferrari need shaking up and I think Lewis Hamilton needs shaking up, if they are going to continue.

"If Lewis is going to continue then I think he needs a change. For his mindset, for his drive, for an initiative, for fun. Learning Italian, dealing and eating pasta with those guys, it's a different world.

"And having run a team we always saw how different Ferrari operates and I would love to see Lewis in that environment."

Viewed by others:

Hamilton Russell
George Russell Why having Hamilton as a teammate 'saved' Russell at Mercedes
Hamilton Qatar 2021 rainbow helmet
Lewis Hamilton Hamilton recalls Qatar GP 'risk': I didn't care if they threw me in jail

Hamilton and Ferrari would be 'amazing story', says Jordan

With Ferrari's title challenge in 2022 slipping away after a series of reliability issues, driver mistakes and strategy mishaps, Jordan feels that Hamilton could be a positive influence in addressing their problems.

"I think he could really shake them up," Jordan explained.

"I think he could bring a new sense of direction to them, I think he would eradicate a lot of the little problems Ferrari have had.

"So therefore, I would just like to see before he fully retires, I would like to see Lewis there for a year or two to see what would happen.

"Just think of the column inches. It's an amazing story. It's unlikely to happen but it's my dream."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ecclestone in court for fraud pre-trial hearing

Bottas takes two-wheeled adventure in Imola replacement race

F1 2023 Azerbaijan Grand Prix Qualifying results